These license terms are an agreement between S2 Solutions, LLC and you. Please read them. They apply to the software that accompanies these license terms. The terms also apply to any updates, supplements, and support services for this software.
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
AS DESCRIBED BELOW, USING THE SOFTWARE ALSO OPERATES AS YOUR CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF CERTAIN COMPUTER INFORMATION DURING ACTIVATION, VALIDATION, AND FOR INTERNET-BASED SERVICES.
- OVERVIEW. These license terms permit installation and use of one copy of the software on one device, along with other rights, all as described below.
- INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. Before you use the software under a license, you must assign that license to one device. That device is the “licensed device.” A hardware partition is considered to be a separate device.
a. Licensed Device. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device.
c. Trial and Conversion. Some or all of the software may be licensed on a trial basis. Your rights to use trial software are limited to the trial period. The trial software and length of the trial period are set forth during the activation process. You may have the option to convert your trial rights to subscription or perpetual rights. Conversion options will be presented to you at the expiration of your trial period. After the expiration of any trial period without conversion most features of the trial software will stop running.
d. Discontinuation. We reserve the right to discontinue The Product at any time, whether it is offered individually or as a part of a product suite.
- MANDATORY ACTIVATION. Activation associates the use of the software with a specific device. During activation, the software may send information about the software and the device to us. This information includes the version, the product ID of the software, the machine ID of the device, the operating system version, and the Microsoft PowerPoint version. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION. You can activate the software by Internet; Internet service charges may apply. Some changes to your computer components or the software may require you to reactivate the software. The software will not function properly until you activate it.
a. The software will from time to time perform an automatic online validation of the software. Validation verifies that the software has been activated and is properly licensed. A validation check confirming that you are properly licensed permits you to use the software, certain features of the software or to obtain additional benefits.
b. During or after a validation check, the software may send information about the software, the device, and the results of the validation check to us. This information includes, for example, the version and edition of the software and the machine ID of the licensed device. S2 Solutions WILL NOT USE this information to try to identify or contact you. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION.
c. If, after a validation check, the software is found to be counterfeit, improperly licensed, or non-genuine then the functionality of using the software may be affected.
- SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software, we reserve all other rights. You may not:
• work around any technical limitations in the software;
• reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software;
• make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement;
• publish the software for others to copy;
• use the software in any way that is against the law;
• rent, lease, or lend the software; or
• use the software for commercial software hosting services.
- PROOF OF LICENSE.
a. Genuine Proof of License. Your proof of purchase and any accompanying collateral from your merchant identifying the software is your proof of license. Proof of purchase may be subject to verification by your merchant’s records.
b. Upgrade or Conversion License. If you upgrade or convert the software, your proof of license is identified by the genuine proof of license for the software you upgraded or converted from; and proof of purchase and any accompanying collateral from a merchant identifying the software you upgraded or converted to. Proof of purchase may be subject to verification by your merchant’s records.
- REASSIGN TO ANOTHER DEVICE. You may reassign the license to a different device any number of times. If you reassign, you must first uninstall the software before installing on a different device. That other device becomes the “licensed device”.
- TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY. A user of the software may make a one-time transfer of the software, and this agreement, directly to a third party. The user must uninstall the software before transferring it separately from the device. The user may not retain any copies. Before any permitted transfer, the other party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software. The transfer must include the proof of license. If the software is an upgrade, any transfer must also include all prior versions of the software.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. You may link to third party sites through the use of the software. The third party sites are not under the control of S2 Solutions, LLC, and we are not responsible for the contents of any third party sites, any links contained in third party sites, or any changes or updates to third party sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any third party sites. S2 Solutions, LLC is providing these links to third party sites to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply an endorsement by S2 Solutions, LLC of the third party site.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement (including the warranty below), any addendum or amendment included with the software, and the terms for supplements, updates and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
- APPLICABLE LAW. This agreement is made in the State of Wyoming, United States and shall be governed in accordance with the laws of that state. Any lawsuit filed regarding this agreement shall be filed in Wyoming, United States. The parties further agree that the law of Wyoming, United States shall apply in such a lawsuit.
- WARRANTY. The software is provided “as is” with no representation, guarantee or warranty of any kind as to its functionality. All other terms, conditions and warranties expressed or implied whether statutorily or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded.
- LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM S2 SOLUTIONS, LLC ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if repair, replacement or a refund for the software does not fully compensate you for any losses; or we knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
If the Software is pre-commercial release or beta software (“Pre-release Software”), then it does not represent a final product and may contain bugs, errors and other problems that could cause system or other failures and data loss. S2 Solutions, LLC may never commercially release the Pre-release Software. YOUR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- REVISIONS TO TERMS. S2 Solutions, LLC reserves the right to revise the license on its website, or by notifying you by post or by email. Please check this license periodically for notices concerning revisions. Your continued use of the Software shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of any revised terms.